★ ★ ★

Autore: Alessandro
Jeep with radio equipment Plus Model scale 1/35 part no: 565

Jeep with radio equipment Plus Model scale 1/35 part no: 565

US radio set with BC 610 and BC 342 radios. The set contains resin and 3D parts, a sheet of photo-etchings and detailed instructions.
The Willys MB and the Ford GPW, both formally called US Army Truck, 1⁄4‑ton, 4×4, Command Reconnaissance, commonly known as the Willys Jeep,Jeep or jeep,and sometimes referred to as Standard Army Vehicle Supply No. The G-503s, were highly successful American off-road light military commercial vehicles. Well over 600,000 were built to a single standardized design, for the United States and Allied forces in World War II, from 1941 to 1945. This also made it (due to its light weight) the first mass-produced four-wheel-drive vehicle in world. car, built with six-digit numbers.
The BC-610 was a radio transmitter based on the Hallicrafters HT-4 and was used by the US Army Signal Corps during World War II.

In the early 1940s, the U.S. Army was looking for a high-power radio transmitter capable of foolproof voice communications over 100 miles (160 km), rugged enough to operate in all conditions, flexible enough to cover a wide frequency range, self-transmitting. – powered and able to operate on the move or in fixed locations. The Hallicrafters HT-4 transmitter was chosen from available units from various US radio manufacturers. The HT-4 was designed for amateur radio use and was commercially available for several years at a price of around $700, rivaling the cost of a car. It was considered compact and stable for its era and could provide over 300 watts of power for voice or MCW communications and 400 watts during Morse code operation. As was typical in physically large vacuum tube equipment, the power output from manual warnings is less at higher frequencies. It was controlled by a quartz crystal, but could be used over a wide frequency range through the use of the main oscillator power amplifier.

The modifications requested by the Signal Corps were carried out by Hallicrafters engineers working with US Army technicians at Fort Monmouth. They made a new version of the HT-4, known as the BC-610 transmitter, a part of the SCR-299 mobile communications unit, and production began in 1942. General Dwight Eisenhower credited the SCR-299 with the retooling of US forces, which led to victory against the Nazis at the Kasserine Pass. The SCR-299 was also used during the invasion of Sicily and, later, Italy.

A BC-610 transmitter was used by double agent Juan Pujol García during World War II as part of Operation Fortitude. The Germans’ clear reception of messages transmitted by García, code-named GARBO, was so crucial to the Allied deception that use of the relatively powerful transmitter was deemed necessary.

Over 25,000 units were produced by Hallicrafters and other allied companies. In 1944, a short film was produced by the Jam Handy Organization and sponsored by the Hallicrafters Company detailing how the HT-4 transmitter was adapted for military service and dramatizing its use by the U.S. military during World War II.

The BC-342 was a World War II US Army Signal Corps high-frequency radio receiver. It was used primarily as part of field installations like the SCR-188A, but could be used with mobile sets like the 2 1/2-ton mounted SCR-399. First designed at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, by the U.S. Army Signal Corps, was built by various manufacturers including RCA. Many of the later units encountered today were manufactured by the Farnsworth Television and Radio Corporation of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Variants include the BC-344 receiver with low-frequency coverage and the battery- or dynamotor-powered BC-312 receiver.[1][2]